Matthew Sloan spat on and punched Metro Nashville police officers and was peacefully arrested.
What We Know:
- Officers were called to Ascend Amphitheater in Nashville, TN on Monday after receiving reports of a man running around the venue half-naked, according to WSMV.
- Sloan appeared to be under the influence of drugs. He was acting erratically and sweating. Sloan was belligerent when officers initially approached him. Medics were called to assist Sloan, which is when he removed the rest of his clothing and attempted to run away from the officers.
- When he was taken into custody, Sloan punched an officer on the side of the head. The team of four officers were finally able to handcuff him after spraying him with mace.
- During his booking at the police department, Sloan spat in another officer’s face.
- The 33-year-old is charged with assaulting a police officer, public indecency, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, and public intoxication.
- This isn’t the first time Sloan has caused trouble. WKRN reported last month that Sloan made 18 911 calls to Metro Nashville Police claiming he was assaulted by actor, Brad Pitt.
- Metro officers treated Sloan very differently than they have treated POC in the past. Earlier this month, a Metro officer was ‘stripped of his police power’ according to WTVF for grabbing and throwing a woman against her vehicle multiple times during a traffic stop. The victim believes she was racially profiled.
Hopefully, officers will continue to make peaceful arrests like this one.