R. Kelly’s girlfriends, Joycelyn Savage and Azriel Clary, posted a video to show that they have not been kicked out of Trump Tower in Chicago.
What We Know:
- In a video obtained by TMZ, the two women were showing off the high-rise, where they have reportedly been living for years. Previous reports suggested the two women were evicted following Kelly’s arrest due to federal child pornography charges in Chicago last week. Clary did most of the talking in the video as she assured everyone they were fine.
- “We actually just read an article saying that we were evicted from The Trump… We just wanted to let you guys know that is not true,” Clary stated in the video.
- Savage and Clary were both named as victims in the Surviving R. Kelly Lifetime TV docu-series, which accused Kelly of having sex with minors and being physically and emotionally abusive to young women and girls. Both women met Kelly when they were minors, according to Inside Edition.
- Their families argue that the women are being held against their will. In fact, they believed a suicide pact was formed between the two ladies if Kelly did not return. However, the women said that their families know about their whereabouts.
- On Friday, Savage’s father demanded to know where she was during a press conference held by Kelly’s spokesperson, Darrell Johnson, after his arrest. “Where is my daughter? Answer that question!” her father screamed in front of the cameras. Johnson responded, “I have nothing to do with your daughter.”
Kelly was taken into custody on a 13-count indictment, which includes enticement of a minor and obstruction of justice, on Thursday in Chicago. Kelly has denied all wrongdoing.