Many praised rapper Lil Nas X for coming out on the last day of Pride 2019, but rapper Young Thug thinks it was the wrong move.
What We Know:
- In a recent interview on hip-hop YouTube channel No Jumper, Young Thug stated, “I feel like he probably shouldn’t have told the world…He shouldn’t have told the world because it’s like, these days, motherf—ers just, it’s just all judgment…It ain’t even about the music no more.” He stated, “Once you found out he was gay, everybody, soon as the song come on now, everybody, like, ‘This gay ass n—.’ N—s don’t even care to listen to the song no more.”
- He continued by trying to take away the harshness of the previous comment, stating that “I just feel like, he young, and it’s like backlash can come behind anything…So it’s like, it wasn’t a bad idea, and it was most definitely the best time to do it, during Pride…I know what he going to be dealing with, with it in his mind, I dealt with this s— before.”
- Lil Nas X has not responded to the comments yet but he previously told BBC America, “I used to be that person being negative. I’m not angry or anything [about it], because I understand how they just want that reaction.”
- Lil Was X is known for trolling and joking around on his Twitter, but it is unsure about how he will react to these statements, especially from someone he collaborated with.
- Young Thug stated later in the interview that Lil Nas X was a great new rapper from their hometown of Atlanta. He also discussed his feature of the new remix of the smash hit “Old Town Road.”
- “He already showed me the most respect by saying that I inspired him,” Young Thug said. “So I don’t even care like, I ain’t even caring to get in his way. I want him to get a trillion dollars, I want him to get more money than me.”
Definitely wondering how Lil Nas X is going to respond.