Two new locations of the famed toy store are opening in New Jersey and Texas in November.
What We Know:
- The stores will be managed as a joint venture between tech retailer b8ta and Tru Kids (a company founded in January to manage Toys R Us after their liquidation last year in bankruptcy court).
- The two stores in the fall will be launching at the Houston Galleria and the Westfield Garden State Plaza in Paramus, New Jersey. The overall plan is to open ten stores by the end of 2020.
- There is also a plan to generate some online sales through its new smaller-format stores. This is not only a win for the kids, but for the working professionals as well.
- The joint venture stated Thursday that they will be working with the worker-advocacy group, United for Respect, to hire some of the more than 30,000 former Toys R Us employees (as new hires) who lost their jobs after the store filed for bankruptcy in 2017.
- While it was not specified how many positions will be available at the current and future stores, a spokesperson stated that the “number of employees will vary by location, size of the store and traffic.”
Can’t wait to get some more toys soon!