Meek Mill and Jay-Z are joining forces to create a new record label and entertainment service company.
What We Know:
- Meek Mill and Jay-Z announced Tuesday morning that the pair will be partnering to launch Dream Chaser Records which will be housed under Jay-Z’s Roc Nation Entertainment.
- Dream Chaser Records got it’s start in 2012 and has been in use as a medium for Meek’s mixtapes.
- The goals for the full suite service include but are not limited to finding and developing new talent and creating strategic marketing for upcoming artists while building out studios for industry’s new faces.
- Meek will hold the position of President while continuing to record and release new music under the Maybach/Atlantic label.
- Meek’s goal with the new venture is to discover and develop talent with industry staying power, not social media influencers or one hit wonders.
- Meek stated regarding the news “Coming out of prison, I felt I had a responsibility to lead the culture as much as I can. Jay-Z and others that came before me were like the snow plow that made it easier for me and others. I want to be the snow plow of the next generation, taking on those responsibilities, trying to move forward and push the culture forward.”
We wish Meek all the success in this new partnership and can’t wait to see who comes out of this powerhouse label.