Filmmaker Michael Moore went off on Twitter to express his anger towards the Democratic Party and their faith in Robert Mueller’s testimony.
What We Know:
- The former special prosecutor testified Wednesday regarding the Russian “collusion” and election tampering investigation.
- The faith that the Dems had in gaining more information and insight on what truly happened in 2016 was diminished before the actual discussion began.
- When it came to the GOP, Mueller advised in his opening statement that he would not answer any questions about the “Steele dossier” (opposition research document put together by former British spy Christopher Steele).
- Trump stated that the document was illegal and that the Mueller investigation it was based on was as well (partial funding by Hillary Clinton and the DNC definitely didn’t help).
- As for the Democrats, Mueller also stated that he would not answer any questions involving Attorney General William Barr or the actions of Congress. This was especially disappointing for them as they wanted to talk about the differences in public statements about the special counsel investigation between Mueller and Barr.
- Moore got on Twitter to show his own frustration, calling Mueller a “frail old man, unable to remember things…”
- Moore has always been involved in the political scene, as a left-wing filmmaker exposing the corruptness of the American political system through his documentaries.
- His recent documentary, “Fahrenheit 11/9”, exposed the opinions of U.S. citizens when it came to Trump’s victory as well as a look into the water crisis in his hometown of Flint, Michigan.
- Despite his liberal standing and his documentaries to expose injustice and help others, he is far from uncontroversial. For example, after launching his one-man Broadway show in 2017 to expose Trump, he took his attendees to a demonstration outside Trump Tower.
- He has been ignored and outspoken publicly due to not just burnout from Trump’s antics for some but also for his own controversial comments (for example, Moore tweeted that snipers were cowards who “shoot u [sic] in the back” after the 2015 film American Sniper was released). He has still spoken up loudly against the hypocrites of the Trump administration in spite of the public opinion.
- Moore was not the only one publicly frustrated with Mueller’s testimony. MSNBC national security analyst Jeremy Bash said, “With all reverence for Bob Mueller…I have to say that far from breathing life into the report, he kind of sucked the life out of the report…I thought in some cases he was sort of evasive. He didn’t want to explain or expand on his rationale…”
Mueller definitely made more enemies than friends Wednesday.
A frail old man, unable to remember things, stumbling, refusing to answer basic questions…I said it in 2017 and Mueller confirmed it today — All you pundits and moderates and lame Dems who told the public to put their faith in the esteemed Robert Mueller — just STFU from now on
— Michael Moore (@MMFlint) July 24, 2019