Omari McQueen, 11, will become the youngest restauranteur in the UK when he opens Dipalicious, a pop-up vegan Caribbean restaurant in the UK set to open later this summer.
What We Know:
- The pop-up shares the same name as the company McQueen founded when he was just 8 years old; Dipalicious started as a Youtube channel and now includes an online store that features McQueen’s original vegan dips, snacks, juice packs, seasonings and pre-prepared vegan meals for children. He is the CEO and founder of this company and pop-up restaurant.
- Though McQueen has participated in pop-up events as a speaker and award recipient, this will be his first solo event focused only on his food. His pop-up restaurant will be in Boxpark Croydon on August 17 to 24 and he has not yet released what menu items the event will feature.
- McQueen is the youngest award-winning vegan chef in the UK, having won three awards for his work as a compassionate entrepreneur who works to help animals and empower children. With this pop-up restaurant, he will become the youngest active restauranteur in the UK as well.
- The 11-year-old was interested in cooking before he became interested in veganism. He learned how to cook when he was seven years old and his mother became ill with hemiplegic migraines. To help out around the house, McQueen and his five siblings began to cook when their father was working late. McQueen caught the bug and became interested in veganism after coming across a PETA UK video on Youtube. He shifted his focus to teaching other children about the food they consume and creating delicious vegan meals and dips.
- McQueen’s website features five original vegan dips, all priced at £4.99, and vegan pizza dippers made for his sauces. He posts original Caribbean-inspired recipes and videos about how to find success to his Youtube channel.
McQueen is inspiring adults and children alike with his young success and ambitious attitude; we can’t wait to see what’s next for this young entrepreneur.