Nicki Minaj and her current beau Kenneth Petty got their marriage license.
What We Know:
- Minaj, 36, and Petty, 41, have been together since December of 2018. The two went to a courthouse in Beverly Hills and purchased the paperwork.
- The couple dated previously in their teen years in Queens, New York. On her radio show, Queen Radio, Minaj talked about happiness versus clout when it came to their relationship. “When a person is with a n-a before they had a dime in their pocket. How do you not understand that? How do you not understand happiness versus clout,” she said.
- On more than one occasion, the rapper has had to defend her new hubby. Petty was convicted of attempted rape in 1995. As a result he had to register as a sex offender. Also in 2007, he served 7 years in prison for pleading guilty to manslaughter. Despite his past, Minaj feels like she’s finally found love.
- “I think I have what I was striving for, just happiness. It was so hard to get to a happy place. Now that I’m there, I don’t want to compromise that for anyone or anything,” she said on Queen Radio. On this particular episode, she also confirmed getting her marriage license.
- Despite the opinions of trolls on the internet, the couple seems happy and looking forward to their future together.
Congratulations to the couple on their newfound nuptials!