Filmmaker Michael Moore sparked the conversation that Michelle Obama could be the one to beat Trump.
What We Know:
- During the 15th Annual Traverse City Film Festival in Michigan, Moore took a quick break from his hosting duties to make an announcement to former First Lady Michelle Obama. In light of the recent Democratic debates, Moore is confident the Michelle is the only one that can defeat Trump.
- In an interview with Deadline, Moore stated, “She would beat him in the debate, he wouldn’t be able to bully her, he wouldn’t be able to nickname her. She takes the stage and she’s so powerful and so good you just look at that and think of course she could win”.
- Moore also commented on any other candidates he felt like could potentially beat Trump. He listed four others, Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, and Elizabeth Warren. Moore believes they would be great contenders but they still wouldn’t be as strong as the former first lady.
- Despite, the many calls and requests she has received, Michelle is adamant about not running for president. In an interview with The National, Amtrak’s travel an culture magazine, she advised that “there’s zero chance”. “She explained that she felt there were other ways she could improve the country and build a better world that didn’t involve her sitting behind a desk in the Oval Office.
- There is no doubt that Michelle is a favorite in the United States. A July poll done by YouGov revealed that she is the most admired woman in the world. She surpassed Oprah, Angelina Jolie, and Queen Elizabeth II. Her popularity also skyrocketed after the release of her best-selling memoir, Becoming.
Even though Michelle has no interest in running for president, hopefully one of the other candidates can get the job done.