Alicia Silverstone and Mark Feuerstein will star in the upcoming Netflix show The Baby-Sitters Club.
What We Know:
The show is based on the hit children’s book series by Ann M. Martin. The books follow five friends and their babysitting careers.
Get ready to be reunited with The Baby-Sitters Club — a.k.a Kristy, Mary-Anne, Claudia, Stacey, and Dawn! #Glow & #Supergirl alum Rachel Shukert will serve as showrunner on our new 10-episode, live-action series w/ @LuciaAniello (#BroadCity #RoughNight) directing pic.twitter.com/enazf3O7PG
— See What’s Next (@seewhatsnext) February 28, 2019
- Silverstone, best known for her role in Clueless, will play Elizabeth Thomas-Brewer, the mother of Kristy Thomas and the love interest of Watson Brewer (Feuerstein), Deadline reported.
- This is the latest adaptation of the book series. In 1990, HBO delivered a 13-episode series. The stories were turned into a film in 1995.
- Lucia Aniello (Broad City) will direct the show. Rachel Shukert (Glow) will be the showrunner. Lucy Kitada, Naia Cucukov, and Michael De Luca will serve as executive producers.
- Netflix ordered 10 episodes of the series. Filming is currently underway in Vancouver.
- No release date has been announced yet.
This should be good!