Conservative commentator Candace Owens while on “Fox News” stated that the black men of Baltimore are leading in rape — which is insanely untrue.
What We Know:
- She stated (more like yelled) for others to “not defend Baltimore as a city…Don’t pretend that being in third place… somehow makes Trump a liar. They are leading in homicide! They are leading in rape! They are leading in sexual assault! Black Americans are suffering in the city. Because you don’t like Trump you’re going to split hairs and pretend this is somehow okay…We deserve better than that as a community. We deserve Trump!”
- Owens was SERIOUSLY wrong about the rape and sexual assault statistics of the city, obviously saying anything to try to defend her president. Sirius XM host of The Urban View, Clay Cane, wrote on Twitter about the situation, stating that “Baltimore isn’t even in the top 50” and supplied links with the actual facts about the city.
Candace Owens said Baltimore is “leading” in rape & sexual assault. That’s a LIE & perpetuates the myth of black men as rapists. It's media malpractice to have her on TV. Baltimore isn’t even in the top 50. Facts -> https://t.co/IPp6vvaqZu https://t.co/elsCtVBUWq pic.twitter.com/zxYX1Zjf2Y
— Clay 'Critical Thinking Theory' Cane (@claycane) August 8, 2019
- According to the links provided, including Statista.com, Baltimore, Maryland is not even in the top 50 metropolitan areas with the highest rape rate in the United States as of 2017. Not a single city in Maryland is— Anchorage, Alaska is number one with other cities like Pueblo, Colorado and Rapid City, South Dakota being in the top ten.
- Even all the way back in 2014, CNN had Maryland in the bottom eight of rape statistics.
- The city has been the topic of conversation after Trump’s comments about Baltimore, calling it a “disgusting rat and rodent infested mess” and a “very dangerous and filthy place.” Owens seems to following in her fav’s footsteps.
Owens is putting out a hateful message about black men in society that can have serious consequences.