A photo of three young children, two boys, and a girl praying before the first day of school has gone viral and captured the hearts of many people.
What We Know:
- Last Monday, in Baton Rouge, LA Jamisha Harris, the mother of 10-year-old Eugene Jacobs, eight-year-old Jorden Jacobs, and seven-year-old Emily Jacobs, shared the photo of her children holding hands in a circle praying.
- In her Facebook post Harris writes, “Dear God, this morning I’m feeling nervous and a little unsure but thankful, I pray for my children on their first day of school. God, I give them to you. And I ask that this school year you would use every person and every experience and every lesson to shape them into Your image, to grow in them, the fruit of Your Spirit.”
- In the wake of the recent tragedies, her post touched thousands of parents after being reposted on Louisiana’s local news channel WAFB‘s facebook page.
- One commenter wrote, “Praise God! May He bless and protect his little children as they start this school year. Cover our teachers and staff also.”
- While another commented, “Amen praise the Lord, let us All pray for all of the kids that they have a great and safe school year.”
In an interview with Yahoo lifestyle Harris says that prayer is something that she and her husband do every day with their children. She goes on to say, that prayer is even more fundamental as they head off to school, given the recent events in Dayton, Ohio and El Paso, Texas.