Hobbs & Shaw, starring Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham, dominated the box office during it’s opening weekend and has rolled into a second week.
What We Know:
- Hobbs & Shaw will be focusing on an alliance between two characters who have had a rocky relationship during their time in the franchise.
- Hobbs made his debut in Fast Five as a diplomatic security service agent.
- “Shaw entered the films as a villain, initially killing a prominent member of Trotto’s crew in the mid-credits scene for Fast & Furious 6,” according to Comicbook.
- On Monday, the action flick had earned $65,910,520 domestically and added an estimate $8.5 million on Tuesday, bringing its domestic total up to $74.4 million.
- According to Comicbook, Hobbs & Shaw is expected to earn another $28 million to $30 million this weekend, which will likely beat Dora and the lost City of Gold, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, The Art of Racing in the Rain, The Kitchen and Brian Banks.
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw is now Playing in theaters!