At least six officers injured in ongoing shootout in North Philadelphia. Residents URGED to stay clear of the area.
What We Know:
- The standoff is still ongoing and the suspect in still said to be shooting on 3700 15th St.
- Temple University Health Services Center has been put on lockdown as it is seven to eight blocks away from the scene.
- Officers have non-life threatening injuries but have been rushed to Temple University Hospital.
- Officers involved are a part of the Narcotics Division as well as the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
- The standoff began as a call to the scene regarding narcotics activity and has been ongoing for about two hours.
UPDATE: Suspect is still firing. SIX (6) PPD Officers shot – at area hospitals with non life threatening injuries. Additional officers also receiving treatment for non-gunshot injuries. Continue to avoid area. Situation is active and ongoing.
— Eric Gripp (@PPDEricGripp) August 14, 2019
This story is developing but residents are encouraged to stay out of the area!
We will provide updates as they become available.