Ivorian Musician DJ Arafat, has passed away on Monday due to injuries from a motorcycle accident.
What We Know:
- Arafat, born Ange Didier Houon, was rushed to a hospital in Abidjan on Sunday, to receive treatment after his motorcycle collided with a car, CNN reports.
- The African singer sustained a skull fracture from the crash in which caused the singer’s death. Newsone reports that video surveillance has surfaced of the singer’s last moments, he was doing a “wheelie alongside other motorcycle riders and drivers,” and of the moment he crashed into the car.
- DJ Arafat impacted the Ivorian genre of music in its entirety as he was referred to as the “king” of coupé-décalé dance music and one of his biggest hit songs, “Dosabado”, has over five million views on YouTube according to BBC.
- Several artists of the Ivorian music culture, and even the Ivorian President, Alussane Ouattara, have offered their condolences to the family of DJ Arafat via social media and other outlets during this difficult time.
- Fans gathered around Arafat’s house to mourn the loss of the singer.
DJ Arafat leaves behind his girlfriend Carmen and four children. RIP.