An Alabama State University student is one of the two people killed among those dead in a shooting near the campus and a housing complex Thursday night, according to Montgomery Advertiser.
What We Know:
- Justin Martin, 24, and 21-year-old Jacquez Hall were the two deceased students who were identified at the scene.
- Their deaths marked the 29th and 30th homicide investigations this year.
- On the night of the shooting, police responded to the 800 block of North University Drive near the University’s old football stadium and Paterson’s Court around 7:15PM.
- According to reports, an adult male sustained a fatal gunshot wound. Another sustained life threatening injuries and was taken to a nearby hospital where he ultimately died.
- In a press conference on Friday, ASU President Quentin Ross confirmed that one of the victims was a ASU student and identified the student as Hall.
- Ross said, “Their families will never be the same, My heart breaks for them and my prayers are with them.”
No arrests have been made in the shooting of these young men, the case is ongoing.