2019 continues to be the year of Lil Nas X and the “Old Town Road.” The rapper, singer and songwriter, graced the cover of Time Magazine as he celebrated his single being the number one running song of all time.
What We Know:
- The 20-year-old entertainer discusses a plethora of topics with Time Magazine’s Andrew R. Chow. He speaks on, coming out, the success of his hit single “Old Town Road”, social media and what he plans to do next.
- While social media is pure entertainment for some, Lil Nas X used it as a way to remove himself from an unhappy life and living situation. Last year, he was heavily involved on Twitter, dropped out of college and was living with his sister, when he decided to take music seriously.
- The single “Old Town Road” is the “longest-running No. 1 song in history, having occupied the top spot on the Billboard Hot 100 for 19 weeks”, and has been streamed more than a billion times on Spotify, Time reports.
- “This was a song that was able to bring all age groups and demographics together,” says X. “I want to keep making whatever my ears catch hold to and love.”
- Lil Nas X continues to thrive through the entertainment industry while not setting limitations for himself. His new single “Panini” is proving that he will be more than just a one-hit wonder.
X took to his instagram to thank “Time” magazine for the opportunity. Dreams do come true.