Although Twista is most commonly known for being one of the fastest rappers in the industry, Amber is definitely giving Twista a run for his money.
What We Know:
- You may have seen the viral video of a sign language interpreter keeping up with rapper, Twista’s insanely fast rapping skills. The woman in that video is Amber Galloway Gallego, who stood alongside Twista during his Charlotte, NC concert and stole the entire show.
- Amber Galloway Gallego is a 42-year-old Texas native with a passion for music interpretation. Some of her other attributes include motivational speaking and business partnering all while being a mother.
- With over 14 years of experience in interpreting, Gallego has had quite a prosperous career. She has worked with many popular artists like Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, and Snoop Dogg.
- Amber earned a Masters Degree in ASL/English Interpreting and also secured certifications in RID CT&CI, NIC, Texas BEI Level V and Oral Certification: Comprehensive.
- According to Amber Productions, “Amber has always loved music and the Deaf community, but it was not until she saw the San Antonio Deaf Dance Company and the Wild Zappers perform that she realized that she could hone her interpreting skills to bridge the access gap in the music industry.”
- “She’s the real MVP for keeping up wit me,” Twista tweeted just days ago while also sharing the viral video which has gained over 1.7 million views on twitter.
- The video has gotten plenty of supportive comments on multiple social media platforms. One Twitter user commented, “This is wonderful, thanks for sharing. I’m so glad people like her exist and do this important work!”
Amber is truly gifted, and it’s amazing that she can give people with disabilities an equally enjoyable show. If you haven’t seen the video of Amber’s impressive music interpretation skills, please enjoy the short clip below.
She’s the real MVP for keeping up wit me #summer96 #signlanguagequeen pic.twitter.com/gEpALcb53n
— Twista Summer 96 mixtape Out Now (@TWISTAgmg) August 17, 2019