Dr. Marsha Edwards, ex-wife of Atlanta Housing Authority Board Chairman Christopher Edwards, shot herself and their two children Christopher and Erin Wednesday evening.
What We Know:
- The bodies of Dr. Edwards and the children were found in her home in Vinings, Georgia during a wellness check. Police made their way to the home around 6 p.m. Wednesday.
- A prominent Atlanta surgeon and civic leader, this is a giant shock to the Atlanta community. Family spokesman Jeff Dickerson said in an emailed statement that “Dr. Edwards, his extended family and friends are in a state of grief and shock, and privacy of the family is paramount as arrangements are being made…”
- Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms and her husband also offered her own condolences, stating “Derek and I join the greater Atlanta community in mourning the loss of three members of the beloved Edwards family…Chris and Erin were beautiful, vibrant and brilliant young adults whom we had the pleasure of knowing…May the peace of God, that surpasses all understanding, be with the Edwards family and all who had the honor to have known them.”
- It is still unclear when the shootings took place, with police spokeswoman Officer Sydney Melton stating “Per investigators, evidence at the scene indicated that two victims were deceased due to gunshot wounds…The suspect was also deceased from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.”
- There has not been a release of any new information into the investigation. Just a few days before, Dr. Edwards and her daughter Erin posted photos of them enjoying a girls’ trip to Italy.
Lifting prayers for the family and friends of this family.