It is with our deepest condolences to report that Nancy Parker lost her life in a tragic accident on August 16, 2019, after traveling on a small plane that crashed shortly after takeoff.
What We Know:
- Nancy Parker, 53, is most commonly known for her line of work as a journalist for FOX 8 in New Orleans. She has been a news anchor and reporter with Fox 8 for over 20 years. Parker is survived by her husband, Glynn Boyd, and three children Piper, Parker, and Pierce.
- Glynn turned to Facebook to share a heartfelt message about his wife following her passing which stated “The dearest and most wonderful person in my life is gone. She was our road map, our compass, our guiding light.”
- Parker was widely known to all of New Orleans and they have expressed an overwhelming amount of love and condolences for her friends and family during this time.
- Stunt Pilot Franklin Augustus, 69, was flying the plane at the time of the crash and also died alongside Parker who was a passenger. At the time they were shooting a story about Augustus’ life as a stunt pilot and flight instructor.
- According to the Federal Aviation Administration, the small plane involved in the crash was a Pitts S-2B 1983 aircraft. The plane crashed shortly after 3 pm in a New Orleans East field.
- The reason for the crash is due to unknown circumstances.
This death is unfortunate, but Nancy Parker died doing what she loved and will always be in the hearts of NOLA. We send our condolences to Parker’s family and peers.