Even The Juice isn’t happy about this news.
— O.J. Simpson (@TheRealOJ32) August 25, 2019
What We Know:
- Coming out of a successful 2018 season with the Colts and winning “Comeback Player of the Year”, the future seemed nothing but bright for the 29-year-old Luck.
- He had a conference after a Colts-Bears preseason game where he said he would be retiring from the NFL, according to Sporting News. He ended with a record of 53-33 with multiple play-off runs.
- He retired because the physical toll was too much and he lost the love for the game. He dealt with multiple injuries including a lacerated kidney, sprained shoulder, and calf strain. This lead to multiple painful therapies and treatments to get back on the field every year. In one instance, one of Luck’s symptoms including him peeing blood.
- Many people across the league wished Luck the best for the rest of his life. Jerry Jones even suggested he run for president, according to CBS Sports. Some fans, who were most likely drunk, booed Luck as he left the stadium for the last time.
…. that’s not an easy decision to make and they are booing.. that’s some disrespectful sick sh*t… https://t.co/Uj9lT5Zy4i
— Dez Bryant (@DezBryant) August 25, 2019
This is a very rough game. Most people who have not played at this level will never understand what we put our bodies through season after season. We don’t need the sympathy because this is what we signed up for but to “boo” a man that battled for that city is disgraceful.
— Richard Sherman (@RSherman_25) August 25, 2019
- Roger Godell has insisted throughout multiple years that football is a safe sport, according to the New York Times. The list goes on and on of players who have had life threatening injuries that stay with them for the rest of their life.
- Jacoby Brissett is now the new star quarterback for the Colts and the fans hope he is able to step up to the plate to deliver another play-off run.
Luck has millions in the bank with an engineering degree from Stanford University. It’s safe to say that he will be well off as he now relaxes in the sunshine and beaches.