A 15-year-old student was arrested in Central Florida after authorities said he made an online threat to shoot up his school last week.
What We Know:
- Last week a teenage boy who attends Seabreeze High School in Daytona Beach allegedly posted a comment on a video chat platform going by the fake name “Dalton Barnhart.”
- The teen stated on the video chat, “I Dalton Barnhart vow to bring my fathers M15 to school and kill 7 people at a minimum.”
- According to ABCnews, the teen’s message was screenshotted and reported to the Volusia County Sheriff Office where investigators were working on identifying the IP address.
- On Friday, FBI agents arrived at the teenager’s house in Holly Hill where the teen’s mother confirmed there was an old gun stored in their resident but her son did not have access to it.
- The teenager admitted to the deputies for posting the comment but insisted it was a joke. Deputies took the teen into custody for threatening to discharge a destructive device which is a felony.
- According to the video, the teenager’s mother stated, “I understand threats cannot be taken lightly, but he’s just a little kid playing a video game.”
Do you believe the teenager was “just joking” or “serious?” Nowadays you can never be too sure, especially with so many shooting incidents occurring in schools and concerts. Comment below!