Popeyes has announced they are sold out of the popular new chicken sandwich.
What We Know:
- It’s only been a little over two weeks, August 12, since Popeyes released their now infamous, and sold out, chicken sandwich. They expected their inventory to last through the end of September.
- There are very few locations that have a bit of inventory left but they are expected to be sold out by the end of the week as well with most locations already out of the popular sandwich.
- Customers have been waiting in lines as long as an hour or more for the sandwich after a social media war was sparked comparing the sandwich to Chick-Fil-A’s (CFA) classic original sandwich. Now some say they will be returning to their good old faithful CFA location.
- Popeyes does not plan to stay out of stock of the sandwich however stating “We, along with our suppliers, are working tirelessly to bring the new sandwich back to guests as soon as possible.”
- Apex Marketing Group estimated the chain gained the equivalence of $23 Million in ad value via social media and digital and print mediums in 11 days.
- If you would like to be notified when the sandwich returns to store, the company is encouraging you to download the Popeyes app and “sign up for push notifications.”
Did you get your hands on a sandwich and if so how was it? Tweet us with your feedback @blacknewsalerts
Y’all. We love that you love The Sandwich. Unfortunately we’re sold out (for now). pic.twitter.com/Askp7aH5Rr
— Popeyes Chicken (@PopeyesChicken) August 27, 2019