While the long-awaited confirmation of a Black Panther Sequel was finally announced, the movie will not hit the theater screens until May 6, 2022.
What We Know:
- Kevin Feige, President of Marvel Studios, confirmed the news on August 24, 2019 during the D23 Expo in Anaheim, California. Black Panther fans will be happy to know that Ryan Coogler will take on the roll of writing and directing the film for a second time.
- Black Panther made headlines during opening week in February 2018. The film completely dominated the box office charts with a worldwide gross of $1.3 billion. The film became Marvel’s top grossing film of 2018. Black Panther also took home three Academy Awards at the 2019 Oscar’s and received a Golden Globes nomination.
- Many of the actors and actresses from the original cast will return for the sequel. This includes Chadwick Boseman (T’Challa/Black Panther), Lupita Nyong’o (Nakia), Angela Bassett (Ramonda), Danai Gurira (Okoye), Winston Duke (M’Baku), and Letitia Wright (Shuri).
- Fans have already speculated plots for the sequel, but it’s unlikely that you’ll be seeing spoilers soon. Many believe that the film will follow the script of the comics, but the writers may throw us a curveball.
- Although 2022 may seem like forever away, it’s a relief to know that the filmmakers are hard at work and taking their time to perfect all aspects of the film. The real question is, will Black Panther II top the original box office charts? We have no doubts that the film is likely to perform well.
We have a long wait ahead of us, but we’re excited about what’s to come in 2022!