The Detroit News first reported that the daughter of former U.S. President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle have chosen her new college home.
What We Know:
- With big sister after taking a gap year following high school, the former president graduating from Columbia University and Harvard Law School, and the former First Lady Michelle graduating from Princeton University and also receiving her Harvard Law degree, Sasha has taken a different path in choosing a Big 10 university like University of Michigan rather than an Ivy League.
- The youngest daughter of the family has reportedly been getting settled in on campus, where classes start next week. The 18-year-old was also seen by fellow students at summer freshman orientation.
- Sasha, whose real name is Natasha, was also spotted this week accompanied by men believed to be Secret Service agents, The Detroit News reports.
- University of Michigan spokesman Rick Fitzgerald declined to confirm the presence of the former first daughter, stating “We do not have any information to share…We’re excited about starting another academic year. We welcome all students to campus and wish them all much success in their time at U-M.”
- Barack Obama, when leaving the White House, stated that the family would until Sasha graduated from high school. Now that she is on campus, it is unsure whether her parents plan to move on.
Wishing Sasha luck in all of her studies!