Simone Biles’ older brother could face serious jail time if convicted of the multiple charges against him regarding a triple murder.
What We Know:
- Simone Biles is a five-time Olympic Medalist who most recently made headlines for breaking a world record at the 2019 U.S Gymnastics Championship. Huffpost reported that she became the first female gymnast to perfect a double-twisting, double somersault dismount. Biles appeared to be filled with joy, which last long due to the troubling news about her brother’s possible involvement with a murder case.
- Biles’ brother, Tevin Biles-Thomas was arrested on Friday, August 30 and is being charged with multiple counts some of which include murder, voluntary manslaughter and more.
- The charges are regarding a triple murder from December 31, 2018. On this day, three men sustained fatal gunshot wounds at a Cleveland, Ohio Airbnb rental home where a party was taking place. It was the result of an alleged disagreement about uninvited party guests. According to the police, they identified the victims as Devaughn Gibson, 23, DelVaunt Johnson, 19, and Toshon Banks, 21.
- Tevin, who is on active duty with the Army, is suspected of being criminally involved in the triple murder. The police have identified him as the shooter. No other individuals are suspected of being connected to the crime.
- The court denied Tevin bail and he will appear at his court hearing on September 13. Tevin is being detained at the Liberty County Jail in Georgia while the criminal case is in progress.
- Simone Biles recently broke her silence with a tweet which read “still having a hard time processing last weeks news.” This was followed by a heartfelt message attached to her tweet.
We’re sending condolences to the family and friends of the victims. This is an unfortunate situation for everyone involved.
still having a hard time processing last weeks news pic.twitter.com/GU0nQt2PZY
— Simone Biles (@Simone_Biles) September 3, 2019