Howard University School of Business (HUSB) is making an effort to tackle inclusion and diversity issues that plague corporate America.
What We Know:
- The program is known as the Executive Certification in Diversity program (ECDC). It is a collaboration with the International Coaching Federation and the prestigious CoachDiversity Institute (CDI). CDI is one of the few institutions that partners the power of executive coaching with leadership and diversity training.
- Dr. Towanna Burrous, CEO and Howard University Alumni, praises the CDI saying “CoachDiversity Institute places greater value on learning new tools that help leaders think differently about difference and translating these skills into everyday practice.”
- The ECDC program is a four-month-long program that will show individuals from multiple sectors how to establish inclusive workplaces by implementing new and culturally acceptable practices.
- The school continues to prosper with the help of donations from people like 2018 Howard alumnus Wendell E. Mackey, CFA. He donated $250,000 to the school which helped to build their new Bloomberg Finance Lab.
- Kim R. Wells, the school’s Executive Director of Executive Education, states that “The Howard University School of Business is excited about our strategic partnership with CoachDiversity and the launch of the Executive Certification in Diversity Coaching program. As a global leader in business education, HUSB is not only interested in the development of world-class leaders and executives, but also in the development of skilled coaches who are equipped to support the success of diverse talent, and also lead the evolution of diversity and inclusion in the modern workplace.”
Open enrollment for the program is currently underway. To enroll today, executives and professionals can visit the ECDC website.