Former cast member of MTV’s The Real World, supporter of Donald Trump and now Republican Senator for the state of Wisconsin’s 7th District, Sean Duffy announced last week that he plans to resign from his congressional seat to spend more time with his family.
What We Know:
- Duffy, of Hayward, Wisconsin, serves on the House Financial Services Committee as the Chairman of the House Financial Services Subcommittee on Housing and Insurance.
- Duffy is a two-time world champion in the 90-foot speed climb and three-time champion in the 60-foot climb. Duffy has also been a commentator for ESPN.
- He met his wife Rachel, who happens to be a contributor for Fox News, through connections made while being cast members of The Real World in the 1990s. They now have nine children together. His resignation comes following news that his ninth child, scheduled to arrive in October of this year, may have a heart condition.
- After completing law school and practicing for a while in the city of Hayward, he became the District Attorney of Ashland County.
- He is most proud of his dedication and achievement in prosecuting child sex crimes. Working alongside law enforcement in Ashland County, it became one of the first cities within the state to investigate and prosecute child-internet sex crimes.
- It was reported that Sean Duffy was a possible candidate for U.S. Senate or Governor in 2020.
Duffy says that being away from his wife and family four days a week is challenging and goes on to say, “I have decided that this is the right time for me to take a break from public service in order to be the support my wife, baby and family need right now.”