On September 4th, The Walt Disney Company announced that they will be donating over $1 million to Bahamian residents due to the horrific aftermath of Hurricane Dorian.
What We Know:
- The donation is being pushed by the Disney Cruise line.
- Disney owns a private island in the Bahamas named Castaway Cay and the native Bahamians that live there work at some of the island’s attractions and resorts.
- Hurricane Dorian has been lingering over the Bahamas for days now and has caused major damage as well as flooding.
- Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger expressed his concern by stating “We hope our $1 million donation will provide much-needed relief and help our neighbors, colleagues and all those impacted by this devastating storm begin the long process of recovery as they work to put their lives and communities back together.”
- Fellow celebrities Ludacris and Tyler Perry have also vowed to donate money to the Hurricane Dorian aid. Ludacris is donating $100K from his recent annual Labor Day event, Luda-Day. Tyler Perry has donated the basics: water, pampers, juice, sleeping bags and a host of other various items to the Bahamas.
Shout out to Disney, as well as, the celebs for not only their contribution but, for caring for the lives and well-being of Bahamian residents.