73-year-old Mangayamma Yaramati recently gave birth to twin girls in India after a long battle with infertility.
What We Know:
- Yaramati and her husband have been married since 1962, with no success conceiving after trying many times and also visiting doctors for guidance. Luckily, they didn’t lose hope for having a successful pregnancy and sought other options.
- Yaramati successfully gave birth to twin girls with the help of IVF treatments despite her ongoing struggle until now. She and her husband, Sitarama Rajarao, 83, have always dreamed of being parents one day and that dream has finally become a reality for them.
- The twin girls were delivered by Caesarean section because of Yaramati’s age. This method of delivery was to help with the potential risk of delivery complications. Each of the babies weighed slightly over 2 pounds at birth and are reportedly doing very well.
- Both Yaramati and her husband have shared how overjoyed they are to be parents after constantly feeling stigmatized by their community. According to Yaramati others often taunted her. “They would call me a childless lady,” she said.
- Unfortunately, just one day after the exciting delivery of their twin girls, Mr. Rajaraoao suffered a stroke, he is being treated at their local hospital.
We’re wishing Mr Rajaraoao a speed recovery and would like to congratulate the couple on becoming new parents.