Jermaine Bell is getting his Disney wish after Disney magic makers surprised Bell with a free vacation to the Florida theme park.
What We Know:
- When Hurricane Dorian hit the Carolinas, Bell was staying with his grandmother in Allendale, South Carolina. The money he saved up to celebrate his seventh birthday in Disney World, he spent it on hundreds of hotdogs, chips and water to feed the evacuees for free.
- Bell didn’t give up hope on his trip; he just felt giving back was a higher priority.
- In an interview with CNN last week, Bell said, “I just wanted to be generous.”
- It didn’t take long for Mickey Mouse to notice Bell’s act of kindness. Less than a week after closing up his hurricane hot dog stand, Disney employees showed up outside of Bell’s interview with Good Morning America to deliver his gift in person. Bell even got the chance to hug the mouse himself.
- Barely holding in his containment, Bell happily hugged Mickey. In a video from Disney, Bell said, “When Mickey came out, I was just really happy.”
Bell and his family plan to visit Disney World later this month when he is not in school.