After 30 years, Eddie Murphy is making his grand re-entry into the world of stand-up comedy.
What We Know:
- 58-year-old Murphy currently has two movies on the way. He will return as Prince Akeem in Coming 2 America and as also as legendary stand-up comedian Rudy Ray Moore in Dolemite Is My Name.
- He also announced on Jerry Seinfeld’s Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee that after 35 years he would be returning to host Saturday Night Live on December 21.
- With so many amazing projects on the way, his fans are in for a treat but it does not stop there. In his recent interview on Netflix podcast Present Company with Krista Smith, he casually dropped some big news stating that “next year in 2020 I’m going to go on the road and do some stand-up.”
- Murphy is known as one of the greatest comedians of our time with live concert films like 1983’s Delirious and 1987’s Raw racking in over $50 million each. After 30 years, it is safe to say that he has had a major influence on many of the stand-up comedians who came after him.
- It is rumored that his stand tour up may be part of his $70 million deal with Netflix to produce an undisclosed number of comedy specials.
With a household name like Eddie Murphy, it is safe to say the anticipation is high from an audience of all ages.