The former Grey’s Anatomy star explained on Fox Nation’s Nuff Said why he left the Democratic party. He added there are plenty of actors who are like-minded conservatives but are afraid to be express their views.
— Tyrus (@PlanetTyrus) September 4, 2019
What We Know:
- Washington also supports the #WalkAway campaign, a movement urging people to “walk away from the divisive tenets endorsed and mandated by the Democratic Party of today.” The 100 star used to be a democrat but felt the party wasn’t doing enough for the black community.
- The 50-year-old actor said that walking away is a sacrifice, but he will walk away when things matter. The reason why he chose to walk away from the Democratic party was because he felt he had to do it. Washington goes on to say the Democratic party did very little to change his community, and because of that, he has questions.
- When it comes to supporting Trump, he supports the policy over the person. Washington also highlighted that the reason behind why he switched parties was because of Trump’s support of the First Step Act.
- The canceled actor has voiced his support for Trump before. Although Washington voted for Barack Obama twice, he felt he didn’t receive any help from the former President when it came to Africa or the black agenda.
- Since the news broke that Washington was a Trump supporter, he tweeted Thursday that black Democrats were attacking and canceling him for his political views.
- Washington isn’t a stranger to controversy. He was fired from Grey’s Anatomy after calling his coworker a gay slur. So canceling him isn’t genuinely affecting him much.
I’ve been here before. When I can ‘feel’ the hatred in my spleen, in my chest and all swirling around my head coming from the internet. All Eyes On Me just waiting for the trainwreck. Yes…I ‘feel’ it, but I’m not the same Man that I was 12 year’s ago. Not even close. #Truthdom pic.twitter.com/WK2esIxrUf
— Isaiah Washington (@IWashington) September 7, 2019
The most recent attack came from retired basketball player Matt Barnes. He calls Washington out for being an attention seeker with his latest stunt.