Apple just unveiled its new subscription gaming service, Apple Arcade.
What We Know:
- Apple Arcade will be a monthly subscription service priced at $4.99/mo. after a free trial month.
The service will give gamers access to an expansive library of games with 100 new games available on launch day. Some titles will only be available on Apple Arcade.
- Users will be able to download games and play them on the go. Users can play games on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Mac and Apple TV. At the launch event, the new service was described as the world’s first game subscription service for mobile, desktop, and TV.
- The subscription covers up to five devices. Instead of streaming the games, users will be able to download them and play on the go. PS4 and Xbox One controllers will be compatible with games on the service.
- Major game developers like Konami, Capcom and Annapurna Interactive are partnering with the service to produce brand new games. The library will be updated monthly with new games. Here is a full list of confirmed titles.
- Game trailers, guides and recommendations will also be available within the service.
The service will launch on Sept. 19 in over 150 countries. Are you joining?