With Adele filing for divorce in California, where they live and where Simon Konecki operates his businesses, he is entitled to half of her $180 million fortune. Another thing that is yet to be determined is the custody of their 6-year-old son.
What We Know:
- According to the numerous U.K. reports, the couple didn’t sign a prenup when they wed in 2016.
- Following the split, the British singer didn’t directly comment on it. But referred to it with an Instagram post, where she posted a meme of herself with the quote, “When you catch yourself in your feelings then you remember who you are.”
- On her 31st birthday, she posted a photo to explain how she is transitioning into her new life. She said, “30 tried me so hard but I’m owning it and trying my hardest to lean in to it all.”
- This post also hinted that her new album might be called 30. This album will follow the albums 19, 21, and 25.
This is 31…thank fucking god 💀 30 tried me so hard but I’m owning it and trying my hardest to lean in to it all. No matter how long we’re here for life is constant and complicated at times. I’ve changed drastically in the last couple years and I’m still changing and that’s okay. 31 is going to be a big ol’ year and I’m going to spend it all on myself. For the first time in a decade I’m ready to feel the world around me and look up for once. Be kind to yourself people we’re only human, go slow, put your phone down and laugh out loud at every opportunity. Learning to REALLY truly love yourself is it, and I’ve only just realized that that is more than enough. I’ll learn to love you lot eventually 😂 Bunch of fucking savages, 30 will be a drum n bass record to spite you. Chin up eh ❤️
- 25 was released in 2015 and became the fastest-selling album of all time in the U.K. and the highest-selling album that year.
Although this divorce is public, the couple’s primary focus is their son. Following their split in April, the star’s representatives Benny Tarantini and Carl Fysh stated to the AP that “they are committed to raising their son together lovingly. As always they ask for privacy.”