West Coast Rapper Kurupt was rushed to the hospital while filming on the set of a reality tv show.
What We Know:
- Kurupt had an alcohol relapse on the set of We TV’s “Marriage Boot Camp” and was rushed to the hospital. The rapper and the rest of the cast were all drinking when he fell ill and had to seek medical treatment.
- He is a member of the group Dogg Pound with fellow rapper Daz Dillinger. Signed to Death Row Records, they debuted their first album in 1995 and dropped their most recent project Doggy in 2012.
- The rapper has been public about his struggles with alcohol abuse over the years. On an Instagram post, the rapper thanked his fans for their support and let them know that he was doing fine. “I Want ta Thank Everybody We luv tha support!! ~ I’m Good!!! #Gottitha1,” he wrote in the post.
- He appeared on the show with his estranged wife Jovan “Tookie” Brown who publicly bashed the rapper, stating he abandoned her during her cancer diagnosis and attempted to seek $14,000 a month in spousal support. Kurupt denied the claims stating her cancer diagnosis came after they were separated.
- Kurupt is not the first rapper to appear on the show with the likes of Benzino, Jim Jones, Waka Flocka Flame, Soulja Boy, and Peter Gunz all making an appearance. The season featuring Kurupt is set to release sometime next year.
While everyone wishes him a quick recovery, We TV is taking no more chances and will allegedly no longer allow alcohol on set for the rest of the season and will possibly ban it on all upcoming seasons as well.
View this post on Instagram