Beyoncé Knowles-Carter has released a surprise trailer for her second documentary “Making the Gift,” which premieres tonight at 10 PM ET on ABC.
What We Know:
- The special is a behind the scenes look into the process of the singer’s executive produced project, Beyoncé’s The Lion King: The Gift LP, which was released July 19, 2019. In the 30 second trailer, it highlights the makings of every song, musical video shoots, song edits, performances, rehearsals, and more.
- According to ABC, “the Beyoncé-executive-produced album is a masterful recording, with a robust soundscape bringing together some of the most important African artists of the day with well-known American talent to both re-interpret the powerful story and themes of the iconic film and bring the authentic sounds of Africa to a global audience,” the network said in a press release.
- The album, features new original music by Beyoncé, Donald Glover, Pharrell Williams, with features from Blue Ivy Carter, Kendrick Lamar, Tierra Whack, Burna Boy, Wizkid, Shatta Whale, and Yemi Alade.
- Upon its release, the The Lion King soundtrack peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 chart during its debut week in July and No. 1 on the US Soundtrack Albums chart.
- Her first documentary, “Homecoming,” was released in April on Netflix featuring behind the scenes views and footage from her Beychella performance at the 2018 Coachella event.
In honor of the hour long special written, directed and produced by Beyoncé, ABC network has renamed their Twitter name “ABeyC.” Let us know if you plan to tune in!
— ABeyC (@ABCNetwork) September 15, 2019