Viola Davis will appear in a TV, print, and digital advertising campaign for Age Perfect, L’Oreal’s skincare line for older women. The mission of this brand is to reflect the diversity of the modern world.
What We Know:
- The L’Oreal Paris team released a statement explaining that the reason Viola was chosen as a spokesperson was because in any aspect of life, she challenged the status quo. She is the epitome of the brand’s message of “Because I’m Worth It.” The company also added that Viola is an inspiration. “Viola’s tenacity, authenticity, and bold spirit resonate with and inspire so many people.”
- Viola said her ultimate goal is to inspire women. She wants them to know that despite societal pressures to be beautiful, they are worth it.
- She said, “I worked tremendously hard to get where I am today – overcoming feelings of doubt to become a woman who truly believes I am ‘worth it’ in every way. I believe it’s so important to build confidence in women from a young age, and to role model diverse perspectives of beauty.”
- At 54, she also wants others to know that beauty is timeless. “There’s classical beauty, but with age and experience comes confidence—and there is nothing more beautiful than that.”
- Viola describes being apart of a company whose message is to uplift women as a surreal experience.
Viola won’t just be gracing our lives through print and magazines. We will be seeing more of her on our television screens when the final season of her hit television show How To Get Away With Murder premieres towards the end of the month.