Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher Felipe Vazquez was arrested in Pennsylvania on charges including soliciting of a 13-year-old girl, according to TMZ.
What We Know:
- Vazquez is one of the best closers in Major League Baseball. Unfortunately, sexual accusations against a minor may cause his career to completely turn left and leave him jobless.
- The 28-year-old pitcher was taken into custody in Pittsburgh due to an arrest warrant out of Florida.
- Officials say they were investigating allegations that Vasquez had a sexual relationship with a 13-year old girl in Lee County, Florida.
- The girl, now 15-years old, continued to have a relationship with Vasquez and had received a video in July from the MLB star performing a “sex act”. Even though his face wasn’t shown in the video, his distinctive tattoos gave him away.
- In the report, it states the girl had been in contact with him for the past two years and he allegedly would meet up with her for a sexual encounter once he was done with the season.
- Vazquez is being held ithout bail while this is being investigated by the authorities. According to Hotnewhiphop, “When he was arrested, police took electronic devices from his home and are hoping to find more materials to aid in their inquiry.”
- Now, Vazquez is facing two 3rd-degree felony charges and possibly more. Each count carries a possibly 5-year maximum prison sentence.
- Pittsburgh Pirates President Frank Coonelly said Tuesday, “The team was made aware of an active law enforcement investigation involving Felipe Vazquez and his subsequent arrest.”
Did he really think he wasn’t going to get caught? Pervert…