65-year-old LGBTQ and Democratic donor Ed Buck was arrested for owning a drug house where multiple men overdosed on methamphetamine, according to NPR.
What We Know:
- Buck, last week, reportedly injected a 37-year-old victim with methamphetamine at his apartment. This man made it out alive and called the police.
- Unfortunately, others haven’t been able to walk away from their encounter with Buck. In the past two years, two black men have died as well. The families of 26-year-old Gemmel Moore and 55-year-old Timothy Dean have been searching for justice in these two cases.
- The mother of Moore stated her son never used drugs before this, according to the New York Times. Dean’s friends saw the media’s response of painting him as a caricature drug dealer was immoral and not the true man they knew, according to the Los Angles Times.
- Buck has been charged with 1 count of distribution of a drug casuing death. This charge has a minimum jail sentence of 20 years.
If another young, Black gay man overdoses or worse dies at Democratic donor Ed Buck’s apartment it’s going to be the fault of the sheriff’s dept and L.A. District Atty for not stopping him when they had the opportunity to. #GemmelMoore #Justice4Gemmel pic.twitter.com/jlbS2KTvNe
— Jasmyne Cannick (@Jasmyne) July 28, 2018
Ed Buck is transported for booking following his arrest on charges of running a drug house and giving meth to a man who overdosed last week, the 3rd man known to overdose in his WeHo apartment after 2 others died https://t.co/mDq8eefD7E pic.twitter.com/T2tM658Bxw
— KTLA (@KTLA) September 18, 2019
- When searching Buck’s home, police found plastic bags, pipes, and syringes.
- According to ABC, prosecutors described Buck as a “violent, dangerous sexual predator” with “no regard for human life” who “mainly preys on men made vulnerable by addiction and homelessness.”
Prosecutors want bail set at $4 million. He will return to court for his bail hearing on Septemeber 26th.