Petara Cordereo, the girlfriend of Chris Smith suffered a tragic death after a roadside accident on a Cleveland Highway.
What We Know:
- The couple encountered some car trouble while driving in Cleveland on I-90 West Wednesday morning. Smith, who was the driver at the time, crashed into the median following a tire blowout on his Lamborghini. Initially, neither of the two were harmed nor was Smith impaired.
- Both Smith and Cordero exited the vehicle to stand on the highway shoulder, where Cordero was unexpectedly struck by an oncoming vehicle on the passenger side. The vehicle that struck Cordero was being driven by a 47-year-old woman who admitted to consuming alcohol prior to driving. Her toxicology reports are pending.
- The Cleveland Browns Defensive End recently welcomed a baby girl, Haven Harris Smith with Cordero just four weeks ago.
- On August 27, Smith shared a picture of Cordero on Instagram holding their newborn baby at the hospital. “I’m so thankful to have another beautiful gift in this world my daughter Haven Harris Smith. You are such a blessing to me and your mother!! Love you Petara and Baby Haven,” he wrote.
- The Cleveland Browns team shared their condolences with a heartfelt Twitter message. “Words Cannot describe the sorrow we feel for Chris following the loss of his girlfriend, Petara.”
We’re sending our deepest condolences to Smith and all of Petara’s loved ones during this unfortunate time.
“Words cannot describe the sorrow we feel for Chris following the loss of his girlfriend, Petara.”
— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) September 11, 2019