Food Network TV personality and chef to the stars, Carl Ruiz has unfortunately passed away at the age of 44.
What We Know:
- Carl Ruiz, the 44-year-old owner of New York restaurant, La Cubana and celebrity chef, was found dead in his home on Sunday, September 22. His personal friend of two years, Matt Farah affirmed the tragic news via Twitter and Instagram while sharing his memories of Ruiz and their friendship.
- Food Network TV companion Guy Fieri contributed his own personal post for Ruiz, expressing how “heartbroken” he is over the death of another fellow celebrity chef.
I’m heartbroken that my friend chef Carl Ruiz is gone. I have no words to describe what a great friend he was to me and my family. His ability to make me laugh and smile under any circumstances was only outshined by his talent as a chef. pic.twitter.com/einY8qp7wf
— Mayor Guy Fieri (@GuyFieri) September 22, 2019
- Ruiz was best known for his appearances on Food Network shows, Guy’s Grocery Games and his own show, Omg Carl’s Food Show, where he critiqued chain restaurants. He had recently opened up his first restaurant named La Cubana, in June 2019.
- La Cubana’s Instagram page expressed their condolences with a post via Instagram, as well. The restaurant also stated that La Cubana will be establishing The Carl Ruiz Scholarship Fund to aid hopeful culinary arts students and chefs.
- Ruiz passed away from a heart attack while asleep.
Sending condolences to the Ruiz family and co-workers at La Cubana. He was still young and an extremely talented chef. I’m sure he will be missed by his family, friends, and associates.