Former “Pose” star and star of the newest “American Horror Story” season Angelica Ross hosted the national 2020 Presidential Candidate Forum on LGBTQ Issues.
What We Know:
- With candidates such as Joe Biden and Elizabeth Warren attending, this was a must-watch event.
- Ross along with GLAAD President and CEO Sarah Kate Ellis asked each of the candidates how they hope to bring peace and acceptance of LGBTQ people in an era where there is constant discrimination and harassment being thrown at the community.
- This includes the 124 anti-LGBTQ attacks in policy and rhetoric from the Trump Administration, including the ban on transgender people from serving in the military.
- “This LGBTQ Presidential Forum is a pivotal moment in the 2020 election cycle…It’s the first time that LGBTQ issues will be exclusively discussed by 2020 presidential candidates on a national stage” Ellis stated.
- “We look forward to hearing how the 2020 candidates plan to reverse the attacks and rollbacks of the Trump Administration and put LGBTQ Americans on a course to 100% acceptance” she added.
- The forum was live-streamed from Coe College’s Sinclair Auditorium in Cedar Rapids, Iowa on September 20 and was sponsored by organizations including GLAAD and local media outlets like “The Gazette.”
Watch the forum below.