What We Know:
- The tour is set to begin in 2020, with its first round of international dates in January. The tour is entitled “An Evening With Whitney: The Whitney Houston Hologram Tour.” The event is a partnership between BASE Hologram and the late singer’s estate.
- Pat Houston, Whitney’s former manager says the star “is not with us, but her music will live with us forever…We know we made the right decision partnering with BASE because they understand how important it is to produce a phenomenal hologram.”
- The first date of the tour will be January 23rd, 2020 in Mexico and the last will be April 3rd in Minsk, Belarus. Belgium, Denmark, England, Germany, the Netherlands, and Russia are also some of the first tours destinations. North Americans shows will be beginning fall 2020.
- The show will have Academy winning Dreamgirls choreographer Fatima Robinson. This is not the company’s first endeavor in Hologram tours with stars like Maria Callas, Roy Orbison & Buddy Holly under their roaster.
- BASE released an image from production earlier this week.
With the estate and BASE working together the show will definitely be making its debut this upcoming year. However, the question is, will hologram tours be a staple in the music industry to come?