Nicole Murphy went on “The Wendy Williams Show” Tuesday to explain her side of the story about her alleged affair with director Antoine Fuqua.
What We Know:
- While looking at a snapshot of them kissing Murphy explained that, “it was a frozen in time photo.” She also apologized to the parties involved and expressed regret, “Trust me, I wish it didn’t happen. It was a moment where I should’ve thought more through the situation. Make better judgments. It’s something I apologized for.”
- Paparazzi took the photos while Murphy and Fuqua were at a film festival in Italy. Following the scandal, Murphy’s camp released a statement saying that Fuqua was a family friend and the kiss was a friendly greeting.
- Murphy who shares five children with former husband, Eddie Murphy, denied releasing the statement. “I did not put out that statement,” she told Williams. “I did not release that statement, Wendy.” Fuqua has been married to actress Lela Rochon for 20 years.
- Murphy also claimed that Fuqua gave her the impression that his marriage to Rochon was over. She also warns others to do their research because this can happen to them too. Murphy denied breaking up Rochon and Fuqua.
- She issued an apology to Rochon, telling the camera, “Darling, it was a mistake, I apologize.”
Rochon returned to social media earlier this month after taking a break following the scandal. On September 2, she shared an Instagram post, with Rochon posing in front of a beautiful backdrop. According to Rolling Out, she was still wearing a wedding ring.
View this post on Instagram