Shakira’s “Hips Don’t Lie” and neither does her or Jennifer Lopez’s Twitter accounts. The two singers will be “On The Floor” with special guests in Miami for Super Bowl LIV.
What We Know:
- On Twitter, Shakira wrote “It doesn’t get any bigger than this! So excited about getting on that #SuperBowlLIV #PepsiHalftime stage!”
— Shakira (@shakira) September 26, 2019
- In a press release, Lopez said she’s dreamed of doing the Super Bowl Halftime Show ever since she saw Diana Ross perform. Her dream has become a reality with Thursday’s announcement.
- “Ever since I saw Diana Ross fly off into the sky at the Halftime Show, I dreamed of performing at the Super Bowl. And now it’s made even more special not only because it’s the NFL’s 100th anniversary, but also because I am performing with a fellow Latina. I can’t wait to show what us girls can do on the world’s biggest stage.”
- Lopez is a Grammy-award-winning singer, actress, and producer. She has sold over 75 million records worldwide and has been attracting buzz for her latest role in “Hustlers.”
- Shakira is also a Grammy winner and has sold over 75 million records worldwide. She wrapped up her El Dorado World Tour in November 2018.
- Shakira shared her excitement, saying that it is an honor to take on the stage and to top it off it will be on the singer’s 43rd birthday. She also adds, “This is a true American dream, and we are going to bring the show of a lifetime!”
The Super Bowl will take place February 2, 2020, at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida.