Actress Stacey Dash, best known for playing Dionne in the 1995 film Clueless, has been arrested for domestic violence against her new husband Jeffrey Marty.
What We Know:
- Dash allegedly got into an argument with Marty that resulted in the domestic dispute in which authorities were contacted to come to their Pasco County, Florida home.
- A source close to Dash told TMZ that it was Dash who contacted the police and that she acted in self-defense after Marty allegedly choked her. She responded with a push and slap and that is when authorities arrived.
- Dash was arrested because her husband had marks on him from her scratching him but Dash had no visible physical harm. She is being held on a $500 bond.
- Dash and Marty have been married since Spring 2018 when they had a secret ceremony in Florida. This is Dash’s fourth husband following marriages producer Brian Lovell, British executive James Maby, and actor Emmanuel Xuereb. She has two children, Lola with Lovell, and a son, Austin Williams, from her previous relationship with singer Christopher Williams. Marty is said to have three children from a previous relationship.
- Both Marty and Dash have been in the media as of late for political reasons, both switching from Democrat to Republican. Dash was a Fox News contributor for a bit and Marty created a fake congressman Twitter account during the 2016 presidential election that is still active.
Good luck to Mr. and Mrs. Dash
Body Cam footage of arrest: