An American Airlines flight was forced to make an emergency landing in Denver last week because of an unruly passenger who was punching seats, smoking and shouting things like, “You’re all screwed!” according to Yahoo.
What We Know:
- The airline confirmed in a statement, “Flight 2408 made an emergency landing in Denver on September 20 due to a disruptive passenger. Law enforcement met the flight and the aircraft re-departed”.
- About one hour after takeoff, the passenger became disruptive and began punching the seat in front of him. He shouted threats at other passengers and stormed off to the bathroom.
- TMZ reported that the flight attendants were very concerned and huddled around the bathroom door, trying to coax the guy out.
- The passenger was in the bathroom for 10 minutes, following, 5 minutes before the plane landed. Soon after leaving the bathroom he went back to his seat as he was very jittery.
- The video below shows the jittery passenger pulling out a joint as he began to light it and then proceed to smoke it. The pilot then came on the intercom and asked passengers in the first 13 rows to get off the plane so they could remove the man, TMZ.
- Cops and EMTs removed the medical passenger off the plane in handcuffs and put him on a gurney as he screamed, “Take it off, it hurts, I’ll f***ing kill you!”
After two hours, the passengers re-boarded the plane and it was back in the air en route to Minneapolis.