Kahseen Morris was laid to rest on Saturday at Tower Funeral Home in Oceanside, NY.
What We Know:
- Morris, an Oceanside High School senior, was tragically killed on Sept. 16 after being stabbed in the chest during a huge fight that broke out in front of a strip mall in Nassau County.
- Nassau County Police stated that about 50 teenagers were involved in the fight that left Morris dead. The fight was recorded and posted on Snapchat, police used video footage to locate suspects.
- Tyler Flach, 18, was arrested last week and charged with Morris’ murder. He pled not guilty to the charge. Several other teenagers were charged with gang assault for participating in the fight. Haakim Mechan, 19, Marquis Stephens Jr. 18, Javonte Neals, 18, Taj Woodruff, 17, and Sean Merritt, 17, were among those facing charges for the assault.
- Law enforcement believes the fight started over a girl. ABC 7 reported that Morris was targeted because of his friendship with the unnamed girl.
- Morris’ family went directly to a viewing for the slain teen after visiting a Hempstead courtroom where the boys facing charges for the assault made appearances.
Rest in Peace Khaseen.