Kristen Boyle (35) has been charged with raping a student in April 2018, according to Fox.
What We Know:
- Boyle worked at La Habra High School as a psychologist.
- According to Orange County District Attorney’s Office, she engaged in a sexual relationship with a student on the campus. At the time of the relationship, she was placed on administrative leave. At this time, no other victims have been found.
- Boyle was arrested on September 20, 2019 and has been charged with statutory rape.
- Orange County District Attorney Todd Spitzer stated “This betrayal of trust is even more egregious because she used her position to gain her victim’s trust and then exploited the therapist/patient relationship to prey on one of the very students she was entrusted with helping.” Spitzer went on to talk about the power and trust psychologist have over their students.
- The Fullerton Joint Union district officials have not commented on this.
She faces up to a maximum of three years in prison if she is convicted.